Wednesday 23 November 2005

Blackpool, Lancashire

After being in London for near 6 months, I decided that I'm missing the beach big time. Hence a mini weekend get away by the beach in Blackpool I went (19th - 20th Nov). The weekend I was so looking forward to didn't turn out a great one afterall. First, I nearly missed catching my train to Blackpool due to failed tube signals in London. Second, a friend whom I was suppose to meet there played me out bloody hell big time. Cursed and swear. #@£*% There I was left to take in the sights of the pretty beach on my own in the freaking cold. Third, I decided to change my route back to London earlier on Sunday. I decided to opt travelling via Manchester Piccadilly to London at Preston, instead of from Preston direct to London. However the train before mine had failed and had to be pull off the track, thus causing delay again. Bummer. And that was not all! Forth, the train I was to embark at Manchester Piccadilly had faults too. Caught a glimsp of Manchester though, it seem like a nice city for a short weekend visit next time. Anyway I ended up reaching home past midnight, much later than I was suppose to have been. I was so darn tired. Gee, tell me about the word lucky again please. I guess that's UK for you. Get use to it. Not everything can be trusted. Ha.

Oh well, all else is not fail, I managed to have an alright time in Blackpool. Had a nice time sitting by and walking along the beach on both days. I love the beach. Being away from home had taken away the lovely beach from me which I've so taken for granted. So there I sat watching the beautiful dusk, witnessing the round red ball of fire slowly disappearing beneath the sea. Hell beautiful and hell freezing cold. Ha, darn, I left my gloves in my hotel room. Anyway I couldn't help smiling at the sight, the sky was so pretty, amazing red and purple. :)

When I get home next year, I'm definately gonna head to the beach! I'm gonna drag my friends with me to the beaches, parks, coast! I'm gonna sit on the swings in the park! Yay! I can't wait! Gotta get back to Sentosa with the vball guys for our beach games! Getting hit by the volleyball, splashing and dunking each other in the sea. Woopie! And yep, I'm definately gonna get me blades and go blading for hours and hours by the coast. Get ready for some blading sprinting when I'm back! No Blades No Angela! Woo la la!

Okay, back to Blackpool. I decided to head up the Blackpool Tower. Why not since I'm there since I might not get back there again. It was there that I gotten to befriend a fellow asian who's from Malaysia, my first random friend gotten known off the streets. Guess travelling alone can be pretty fun. Pity the clear blue sky was grey and misty when we were up in the tower. Nevertheless the view was magnificent. Then we both went about the rest of the day walking by the beach and helping each other snap pictures of ourselves. I think - apart from the time I spend watching TV and sleeping in my hotel room - I've spent 70% of my time in Blackpool by the beach. Lovely. Being able to hear the waves gentle movements soothes and calms me. I just love the beach!

Now I've been to the beaches in Brighton and Blackpool, I can't wait for my brother to come visit. We're gonna get to Barcelona in December. Yay! Another beach! Heard it's lovely there. May it hold true in the winter December. At least I have someone to share the lovely beach with once more. Wonder which beach after next?