Tuesday 12 April 2005

A birthday just like any other day

First and foremost, I would like to wish myself a very simple, sweet Happy 24th Birthday!

I just wanna celebrate, or rather spend it like any other normal day. I don't feel anything special about this particular day. The sun still rises in the east, and sets in the west, birds still sings and we still breathe.

Since morning, there had been the usual birthday greetings from friends who cared and remembered. I wanna thank you all. Thank you my lovely friends! Sorry if I never replied, for I just ain't in a right state of mood these days. Peace and solitude are what I wished for the time being. But amongst all those sms, there was one which touched me dearly, bringing me near to tears. It reads,"happy birthday 2 my dearest daughter si han fr papa". That was the first ever b-day sms I received from my dad. Just last night I had a little petty argument with my dad, I ended up giving him the cold shoulder and stop talking to him for my ego and pride has got the better of me.

Nevermind about that. Just now I bought a cake, which is to be shared with my family later tonight at home. Dark Chocolate Truffle. Layers of soft chocolate sponge sandwiched between rich chocolate moussee, topped with a layer of dark cocoa powder. Simply a chocolate-lover's delight! I wanted to get a small one of 500grams, but they were sold out. Even the bigger cake hadn't any left. I ended up getting a smaller heart-shaped cake. Cute. It's the thoughts that count, right? Hmm, seems like there must be many others who have their birthdays today too, for it's strange to see such little amount of cakes left from the shop I bought mine at. I wonder who could they be...

Hmm... maybe I should go learn how to bake some really swell cakes and open a shop or cafe and sell 'em. Cool! Swell! I wonder on...

This aint the actual cake though