Saturday 5 March 2005

Jazz by the beach

Clad in tank top, shorts, and plaited hair on both sides (like some China doll), I walking hand-in-hand with Syndy down the Geylang district with Trixy and Flo. They suddenly transformed into my bodyguards for the night. Behold! The bodayguards of Skimpy Angela. Tsk tsk... Geylang, known not only for being a red light district, but also one for its many stall of delicious food. Trixy caught sight of an old man checking out on my bottoms and legs. So darn disgusting! Such cheap feeling.. Hmm.. wait a minute, ain't this entry suppose to be about jazz by the beach? You might be thinking. Yep, it sure is. I'll get to it.

The Jazz performance by the beach started at 6pm, it wasn't until eight-ish that we [Syndy, Lisi, Trixy, Flo, Barnaby and I] got to our destination in Sentosa. We laid out the beach cloths on the spiky grass patch. All of us in high spirits, enjoying one another's lovely company, swaying along to the fantastic jazz. Chill, chill, chill! Light sea breeze, chilled beer and drinks, mumbling chatters. Perfect relaxation. It was a pity the performance ended at 9 plus. Our spirits weren't daunted though. We went on what may be our last monorail ride about the Sentosa Island. Heard that they will be closing down the slow monorail rides for good on this Island, awww. Anyway we just got to do this again sometime soon, I meant the Jazz by the Beach. It's only gonna be held for a few more Saturdays.

After getting back to the "mainland", we decided that the night was still young and wanted to grab a light bite at Geylang while Lisi and Barnaby head on back home. Darn, I shouldn't have worn my (skimpy) beach attire if I had known earlier. Felt kinda awkward as we walked along the streets of Geylang. Felt many pairs of roving eyes fixed onto me, judging me or something like I was some prostitute or call gal. Eeek! But I couldn't be bothered. I had my bodyguards with me. Haha.. Gee~ Nevertheless it's been a pretty interesting night in Geylang. Supper was great. Jazz too.

P.S. Thank you guys for being my "bodyguard" for the night, protecting me against those roving wolves. Ah WoOOoOo!!! Hahaha...