Wednesday 24 December 2003

Christmas eve

Woke up to a fairly moody start in the morning. 1st, missed a call from a friend [must haf slept like a pig]. 2nd, had a kinda bad hair day. 3rd, looked like a panda cos of the terrible puffy eyes n dark eye circles. [as if i dont everyday.. ha]. all in all, mood for the day wasnt right. must haf got out of the wrong side of the bed eh.

At work, i was pretty quiet, not like the usual me. Din really spoke much nor interact with my colleagues/bosses. Sigh... even one of my colleagues wasnt feeling in the right mood either. Wonder wat's gone wrong with the both of us. She asked me ques, i answered em unwillingly & annoyingly. I asked her stuffs, she replied em like we were starting to pick up a fight. We were like pretty pissed off. Sigh.. women! *slaps forehead* can never understand em!

Wat's worst was this...... really made me blood boil. hmm okie.. think boil is too much a word to use. anyway guess wat's gonna happened next really made my day man [sounds better?]...yeah? neh! felt as if the sky has fallen down on me [sounds worse?]... as i was saying.... I received an sms from a gd fren [shant name out who] asking how im gonna b spending my xmas eve. gee.. it's been a long time since she contacted me n vice versa. we used to b pretty close, but ever since she found a boyfriend, we sorta start contacting each other lesser until it gets to a point where we dun even noe wat's happening in each other's life. I was surprised to see her sms, so I gave her a call. But i had a feeling tat she wun meet up with me tonite either.

Anyway the impt thing i wanna say isnt abt whether she's coming to meet me n my godsis tonite. Okay, this gd fren of mine, she's going thru the chinese customary marriage this coming feb. Some time back I've agreed to be her bridesmaid on her chinese wedding day. [gave her my word when she R.O.M earlier this yr] Since we both havent been in much contact n that the day is slowly drawing near, i couldnt help worrying abt it. So I asked her wats the plan gonna b for the bridesmaid over the phone. Like when do i haf to meet her up to see her try on her gown n wat abt the bridesmaid's gown n stuffs. N she replied saying tat i gotta settle the prob of the bridesmaid gown myself. [Wat the #*%@ !!!!!!] She told me i gotta go buy the gown myself. [Another one more WAT THE #*%@ !!!!!!] This is so ridiculous!!!!! Oh man, where m i gonna get a gown? They dun come cheap [for the better ones], where m i gonna find one for tat day? I told her. She still has got the cheeks to tell me tat since its the xmas season, i can scout ard for discounts n get nice ones. Hey, hello! X'mas sales n stuffs r coming to an end. n now u r telling me this so late! Argh!!! GrRrRrr ... im so pissed! Still dare say she wld help me keep a look out. HA, wat a big help tat is. Thanks man!

So can u believe this?! I gotta settle the gown prob myself! I wont mind since she's such a gd fren of mine. But hey it's not my wedding, it's hers! N i tot she shld help me get a gown, like rent one for me or something. Of cos she's bz with her wedding planning n might not haf time to think abt her bridesmaid, but does it makes sense tat i gotta buy a gown for myself jus to b her bridesmaid? N i wont haf any chances/occassions to be wearing it again after tat. It's such a waste of $$$$$! I'm a poor, broke lass, not some rich gal alrite! Later i might even end up doing my own makeup n hairdo tat day itself. [which i know nuts abt, bummer!]

But i really wonder... does the bridesmaid gotta settle her own outfit/gown prob herself? anyone? Wat m i to do? Shld i let her noe i wont b able to b her bridesmaid since i haf difficulties with the gown bit??? But how shld i break this to her? *sigh* But im mad still! GrRrrRrr.......