Sunday 6 January 2008

The New Year

The sky's clear blue out of my window. The leaves that used to block the lovely view of the sky had gone to visit the ground (month before). All left were but bare tree branches. Winter can still be beautiful. I'm smiling. I feel relax. The sun is shinning and that makes my heart beams. Noon.

It's nice to finally have a quiet time to myself. I've spent most of my December away. I've been rushing about like crazy meeting friends during my 3 weeks holiday (December 2007) back home (in Singapore). It's a pity that time is always never enough when you're having so much fun hanging out with them. I had mixed emotions when I left the airport this New Year's day to fly back to London again. In a way I wished I could stay in Singapore but yet in another unknown way I know my time in London's not up yet. Lord knows how long before I get to settle down back home. I think my dad is definately looking forward to that day. He misses me I could tell. I remembered him telling me "You must send me emails (you've stopped doing it)!"

I never really had breakfast with my folks before. Gosh, I don't even know if we ever had one together before! It was nice to have breakfast together (at the airport). It was brief as I had to catch my flight but it was nice (if only we could do that more).

I waved goodbye to them after I passed through the gate.

I waved goodbye to them after I got my passport checked.

I waved goodbye to them after I walked past the passport check point.

I waved goodbye to them one last time as I disappeared into the bustling departure hall.

Waving away the year 2007 that's past and waving to the new 2008. But never waving away family and friends dear to me back home.