Monday 28 January 2008

The weekend

It was Dan's b'day last Friday. We decided to spend the weekend together instead so he can have a good night out - hard rocking - with his friends on Friday (the music's not really my cuppa tea). On Saturday we went to Taro - a really neat japanese restaurant which has the best jap rice I ever had in London - before heading for clubbing to Laurent Garnier at The End. At Taro, we had some hot sake, which I rather am fine with. It taste milder when warm as compared to when its cold. It feels a little like vodka but taste sweeter. Unfortunately Dan didn't really like it, so the whole bottle was mine! *evil grins*

I was so looking forward to Laurent Garnier spinning and a great night of dancing which was fun until it got too hot from the dancing in the club that we had to take a break. There should be a law in UK that all clubs have good air conditioning in them. Tsk tsk... The music turned rather relaxing trance-like (I prefer it when it was much harder trance or whatever you call it) later into the night. It was a good thing we decided to call it a night at 3am and went home.

Sunday was spent rather lazily. We didn't get up until late. We're like 2 lazy cats. Dan's lucky that the other lazy one - me that is - is cooking for the hungry cats. For lunch I quickly whipped up some pasta and salad. And for dinner, it was a great success. I made beef + pork + coriander meat balls with slight tinge of teriyaki sauce; stir fry bean sprouts + tomato + spring onions; steam salmon in chinese rice wine + ginger + mushroom; rice. Yummy, there's enough left overs to last me for the next 2 - 3 nights. Gee...


We watched some DVDs too - attempt to "force" Dan to watch High School Musical was unsucessful. First DVD watched was Seven Swords. The fighting scenes were so cool! I won't mind watching it again! Dan fell asleep for half of the movie - guess he must be really tired. Imagine 3 late nights out (drinking/dancing) in a row who wouldn't be exhausted. Next was Appleseed, I've seen this animation movie before, it has really cool battle scenes along with the music. Then it was my turn to become sleepy and nearly fallen asleep towards the end of the movie. I started blabbering and became whiny and needed sleep. So that marks the end of our chilled out weekend.