Monday 2 August 2004

The Mysterious Call - Part 1

Home on a Saturday night.
Late night.

31st July 2004


The weather's starting to turn cooler. Good! I love cool weathers. Doesn't matter that it's gonna be raining more now. For it sure beats the terrible hot and sticky weather no matter what.

Dring drRrRrRrring.... dring ddrRrRrrring....
"Hmmm, who could it be? It's already so late at night." I thought to myself. "The call shows no number. A call from the public phone?"

I picked up my handphone after some hesitation.
"Hello?" I waited for a reply.
"Hellooooo?" Still not a single reply, I'm starting to feel a little freaky. After pinning my ears close to the handphone for a couple more seconds, I hung up the call since the other party fail to answer me.

Few seconds later.
Dring drRrRrRrring.... dring ddrRrRrrring....
"Hello?" Again I asked. And again the same silent response, spooky. "Who on earth is that?", I tried to think. Gasp! "A stalker?"

Few more minutes later.
Dring drRrRrRrring.... dring ddrRrRrrring....
This time I dare not picked up the call. What if someone's trying to stalk me? Or someone trying to cheat me by getting me to hold on to the call for as long as posible, so they can hack through it? I stopped musing and decided to get my brother to answer the call for me. Well, at least if the caller's a stalker he will hang up and not call back again after hearing a male's voice, won't he? So I let my brother be the hero to save I, the damsel in distress. Well the caller did hang up upon hearing my brother's voice. I guess so.

Dring drRrRrRrring.... dring ddrRrRrrring....
Gulps! There it goes again! I almost threw the handphone right at my brother. My little hero said a few hellos, and finally there's some response on the other line.

To be continued...



So what's gonna happen to me? And who's the mysterious caller? What does the caller want from me?
Stay tune for Part 2.