Tuesday 31 August 2004

Since Trixy left...

It's been about 2 weeks since Trixy left for London to embark on her holiday maker dream. Time flies fast. I'm still trying to believe that she's really over there in the UK already. We still get to msn each other rather often still since she's currently putting up at a friend's place for the time being. But thanks to her I finally got the answer to my marks and spencers smoked salmon sandwich. Shall think about that when I have the chance to visit the cold storage or super market.

Gonna pinch myself. Okay, I ain't dreaming. She's really there. Tsk tsk...

As I was saying, I'm still trying to believe she's really over there now. I remembered the day we went to send her off at the airport. Suddenly I seemed so heartless, my eyes wouldn't shed a single tear during our farewell. Amongst the Fab4, Syndy was the first to cry. At the gate, I could see Trixy's parents and elder sister tearing. Trixy too along with Syndy and even Lisi. Only I did not cried. I really wonder why too. How I wish I could. Perhaps I was happy for Trixy and maybe a little envy, hence I felt there wasn't a need for tears under such circumstances. Glad for her that she's flying off to start off a new chapter in her life. But I wrote her a letter that's to be read on the plane. In it I mentioned about one of JJ's song, 翅膀 [wings]. I wanted to dedicate that song to Trixy not because it's by JJ , but for it's words and meaning. Hope it can be a sorta motivation for her whenever she's feeling down or lonely there.

The song was written when JJ [think so] was feeling down in Taiwan, thinking about his ex-gal. Unfortunately JJ borke off with his gal as he had to fly off to Taiwan to become a singer. [Hope I did a good enough translation of the lyrics]

翅膀 - wings

样的机场 不同世界 - the same airport yet different worlds
样的咖啡 不同味 - the same coffee yet different tastes
样的我和我 都少了一些 - the same me and I, seem lacking a little something
飞机划过天空见了- the plane flew past, disappearing into the sky
用你
给我的翅膀飞 - I'm flying with the wings you gave me
我懂
这不是伤悲 再高都不会累 - I know that this isn't saddness, it won't tire me out no matter how high I soar
们都说好了 用你给我的翅膀飞 - we've agreed, to fly with the wings you gave me
我感
觉己够安慰 乌云也不再多 - I'm comforted enough, gloomy clouds no longer seem that much
们也不为谁掉眼泪 - we won't have to shed tears for each other
空气中
你的香味 - your fragrance's been hidden in the air
忆里躲着 你的眼泪 - your tears's been hidden in the memories
最后
拥抱的 温暖还有一些 - I remembered our last warm hug
我拖着行李往前 一直走
- I kept on walking ahead while dragging my luggage
看一看回
是云朵朵的飘过- memories are just like clouds, floating away one by one.
若想要回
就无法傲翔 - I won't be able to soar if I were to turn back


JJ’s case was that he had to leave his beloved to pursue his career. Whereas Trix's was to leave Singapore and loved ones in search and pursue of her dreams and to travel around Europe. Though both JJ and Trix had different reasons for leaving, but still for a same cause. i.e. Dreams~

Hope this new pair of wings will help Trix soar high towards her dreams and goals. I envy Trix [not cos of the holidaymaker thingy] who manage to discover her dreams and going ahead to realizing it, making it come true. She's chasing after it while me am still lost as ever, without any hint of where to head.

Nevertheless I'm glad that I didn't tag along with her this time, for if I do, it's her dream that I'm chasing and not mine. Although I really hope I can be a holidaymaker too, I guess it ain't the right time for me yet. I waver too much.

So here's wishing Trixy lotsa luck. Take care and have fun! Cya soon next year! Miss ya lots! *muacks*