Saturday 19 August 2006

I. Letters from the heart to the heart...

In the next couple of days or weeks (depending) to follow, I'll be posting a series of letters that I wrote onto my blog - which may be or may not be in order of date, which may have been sent out or may never be send out. Through them you may be able to follow me through my journey in UK, how I change and how I feel. However, please take note that the letters you will be reading may not be of the actual real whole content of the letter/s itself.

So... Here's one for you first.

I. Letters from the heart to the heart...
Sunday, 30 July 2006 - London, UK

Dear Babe,

It's amazing that I managed to get through this job offer right before I was supposed to head home for good this march. Little did we know, there's such a twist to fate and *pooftz* I'm back here again. I admit I was sad when I had to leave UK (for good), didn't want to be back to SG yet as I've not had enough of travelling in the Europe (but I'm back here again). And when I was back in SG, it all felt like a dream, like I've never worked and lived in London before. So contradicting life is. So weird. However I'm glad I'm able to be back here again. The first time last year, the experience was more fun as I had my friend, Potatoe, with me. We have the same asian frequency , we hang out together. This second time round, I'm on my own now. At first it was fun as I was dazzled by all new around me; my new job, new colleagues, new lifestyle in a way without Potatoe. But after a while when I've passed this dazzling phase, it starts to hit me back and I've never been more homesick than ever. I started to miss everything about SG - family, friends, my comfort zone. I was often moody, depressed and anti-social. So I tried getting in touch with listening to chinese songs on Yes93.3FM at work. Haha... now after this homesickness phase is passing, I'm starting to be better already. I guess the many SALES here helped a lot. But poor pockets. I really need to save and start travelling more! Hee... hope all is well for you back home. Sorry if I don't write/email you lot as much as I used to. I'm on the road to my self-discovery now. I'm learning and am lovin' it! Missing you lots! Muacks!

Love,
Pea