Saturday 24 January 2004

Black Jack

3rd Day of Chinese New Year

I'm having a family gathering cum bday celebration for one of my uncles @ my aunt's place. Well tat's wat my mum told me n kept reminding me tat i'm to be present on that day a wk or 2 beforehand. It's been a year since I last seen some of my relatives. Kinda happy & excited yet nervous cos it's been a long time since we communicated. Felt kinda stranger. Hid most of the time in my cousin's room [I lived just a few blocks away n m closer to her since we grew up together, well... omost] waiting for the uncle n aunties n married cousins to come give me my ang baos. Hahaha!!

It wasn't until one of me other cousins came popping her head into the room asking if i wanted to try me luck with some black jack before i decide to crawl outta me shell. *grinz*

Outside, it was raining. Really really really really heavy heavy heavy down pour, non stopping. Inside, me n my cousins were gambling by the oval table. lol... We were actually winning quite a bit at 1st [each stake was $2] with the banker loosing $. Hiak hiak! But after dinner lady luck didnt seem to b shinning well on my side nor my cousins' side. Darn! By the end of it all, I lost abt $15 i guess. A few lost $30+. Think all those who played had lost quite a sum. Lucky banker cousin, he won the most, I believe a 3 digit amt no doubt. haha.. but since it's like a once in a yr thingy, everyone had fun, so who cares. We all had a great bashing time joking ard the table while playing black jack.