Monday 25 October 2004

poem?

Hope Within Emptiness

Here I sat by my table dreaming
With a pen in hand and music in ears
These thoughts I pinned down for all to share

Overwhelmed with pain in lower right leg
It hurts my heart so to see it there
Thanks to recklessness I ended in such mess

Staring aimlessly into thin stale air
Life before me seems so bleak
Confidence from within starts to fold

Heart shot straight through by Cupid's arrows
Love's gentle powers enticed me
Beckoning me into its sweet strong arms

Alone in bed I laid awake each cold night
Tugged warmly under adhering covers
Began dreaming of my knight in shinning armour

My love where forth art thou
Constantly fantasying of a world together
Only awakened to find it all but a reverie



So there you go, a poem for you. If you can call that a poem. Haha.. I wanted to get going with my website [which is still a long way more from completion], but I got bored and ended up scribbling this.