Tuesday 9 November 2004

Avril Lavigne - My Happy Ending


My Happy Ending
Avril Lavigne

Lets talk this over,
It's not like we're dead,
Was it something I did,
Was it something you said?

Don't leave me hanging,
In a city so dead,
Held up so high,
On such a breakable thread.

Pre-Chorus*
You were all the things I thought I knew
and I thought we could be...

Chorus*
You were everything, everything that I wanted
We were meant to be, supposed to be but we lost it
All of the memories, so close to me, just fade away
All this time you were pretending,
So much for my happy ending.

You've got your dumb friends,
I know what they say,
They tell you I'm difficult,
But so are they.
But they don't know me,
Do they even know you?
All the things you hide from me,
All the shit that you do.

Pre-Chorus*

Chorus*

It's nice to know that you were there,
So thanks for acting like you cared
And making me feel like I was the only one.
It's nice to know we had it all,
Thanks for watching as I fall
And letting me know we were done.

Chorus* X 2

So much for my happy ending
So much for my happy ending



Oh Oh Oh Oh. So much for my happy ending. Oh Oh Oh Oh. So much for my happy ending. Those words kept playing back and forth in my mind. I heard this not too new song of Avril's on the radio few nights ago while I snugged up in bed trying to catch my sleep. And I really loved the lyrics. They are so darn nice. I ain't really much of an Avril fan, except the fact that I simply adore that sexy black dark eye-makeup of hers! [I've always wanted my eyes done up like that too, but I believe I'm just gonna end up looking like some fashion disaster in that.] But I do think her songs are really very meaningful. Nice songs, nice music too. Can't help but fall in love with this particular song. And I just gotta grab this ablum of hers!


Yesterday there I was with Syndy in Gramophone at Paragon, Orchard Road. A pity Lisi had to leave early for her X'mas play rehersal. So there we were in the CD shop for nearly 2 hours. Wow! Browsing through the CDs and sampling our ears to the wide ranged Jazzy, Lounge, New Age Music, etc. My main aim was just to get Avril Lavigne's Under My Skin album, but was also tempted to get a really cool CD for chilling out. Haha. After we made our purchases, the cool sales guy in Gramophone saw that Syndy and I seem interested in those lounge kinda music, tempted us with even more cool jazzy lounge music. Damn him! Damn damn damn! In the end I bought one and Syndy bought one too from Inner Resort's compilations. Mine's called Jazzdelicious, her's called Moonlight Lounge. The Moonlight Lounge one is more chilled in a romantic and sensual atmosphere. I loved it but could only afford getting one for the time being. Am gonna borrow from Syndy to savour. Hee hee. So at the end of the night, we were happy shoppers with a hungry tummy. Haha. Ended up having our late dinner at McDonald's. [I haven't had Mc' for ages]


inner Resort presents Jazzdelicious
12 songs
This compilation is just too cool to be missed! Every song is unique in its own way and it will defintely appeal to electronica and jazz fans. Smooth and funky nu jazz instrumentations. A melting pot of Laid back beats world rhythms and urban sound. Featuring remixes of Sarah Vaughan's 'Lover Man' and McCoy Tyner's 'Blue Bossa' by U.S producer Jazzelicious.