Friday 5 November 2004

The Forgotten

It's been raining quite a storm lately. And I'm feeling just like the rain. Dark and gloomy. Splish splashing! Pitter patter! Shatters!

Playing Linkin Park then Prodigy on my mini Hi-Fi, trying to draw out card readings on my bed. It was the afternoon. I stared out of my window, I saw the rain dropping, everywhere was wet and grey. The green green trees and green green grass starts to stand out amonsgt all this gloominess. Can there be hope?

At night gazing out of my window, I could see the reds and yellows and greens light emitting from my neighborhood. The traffic lights, the vehicles, the flats. Grounds still wet from the showers. Actually it can be quite romantic. So there I was by my window, wondering what am I actually doing with my life. No idea. Left clueless, just kept on staring out into the open, hoping the somberly sky perhaps would grant me an answer?

There's so many things I wanna do, but funny thing is: I haven't the faintest idea what they could be. It's just somewhere within me, waiting for me to find the lock and unlock it one by one with some special key. So where can I find this key? Where can I go to, to unlock this all? Answers! They never seem to come by your path the easy way. We just gotta keep on searching for it. Perhaps there may come a time where one shall never find the answers at all. Sounds really shitty eh? Life, it can be just like a woman, so hard to figure and so hard to please. Haha. What irony. Guess one tends to be a little more literary with this coming of the rainy season. Will be nice if there's winter here. I've never tasted snow before, let alone snowball fights.

"The Forgotten" centers on Telly Paretta (Julianne Moore), a woman deep in mourning for the loss of her young son. Telly last said goodbye to him as he boarded a plane with a few of his schoolmates. All of the passengers perished in a plane crash and now Telly's life is in a permanent holding pattern. 14 months after the deadly event, she's still going through his photos, touching his possessions, and watching videos of him on a daily basis. She's also in therapy.

Telly's husband Jim (Anthony Edwards) isn't in mourning. Why? Because he doesn't remember having a son. In fact, Telly's the only one who has any memories of her child, the other students, or the plane crash. Everyone believes she's delusional, but Telly holds fast to the strong memories of having a child, refusing to let go of the son she knows she loved and lost.

A random meeting with Ash Correll (Dominic West), the father of one of the other deceased kids, sets the story in motion and provides Telly with another human being who remembers the supposedly imaginary children and the plane crash. So who - or what - could effectively remove all memories of these missing children? Telly and Ash team up to discover the truth, even if it takes them into the world of government conspiracies and cover-ups.

A movie I was watching moments ago. It's not at all spooky, has a sorta nice flavour to it. Makes me wonder. Why can some people forget a special someone that's so precious to their lil heart and yet some people can't? Could I? Would I? Should I? We keep asking ourselves. Am I in some sorta delusions and denials too? Just like Telly? Or just like Mohammed Saeed Al-Sahaf, the world renowned Iraqi Information Minister... Comical Ali??! Haha! Guess time shall be the answer this time round.

P.S. Telly's son is a very cute kid [in the movie]. Such a sweet looking boy, with melting smiles and talking eyes. Makes you wish you had such a cute kid like him too. And I must say that Julianne Moore's looking pretty in the movie too. Tsk tsk.