Monday 18 August 2003

The Quest for the Traveling Sandals

The Quest for the Traveling Sandals

Chapter I
Saturday, 16 August 2003


Gloomy clouds cast upon the pale morning sky. This is not good, for rain shall descend upon earth on such a dark windy Saturday. I packed my journey bag and set off on The Quest for the Traveling Sandals! As arranged I met my other companion, Lisi, at Outrum. There, we both begin on this quest together.



Chapter II
IKEA


Food! That's what raced through out minds as we set foot upon the bustling Swedish village, Ikea. Quickly we identify the inn [tavern], found ourselves an empty table.

Large plate of meatballs, chicken wings, chicken nuggets with fries [kid's meal], spaghetti [kid's meal] accompanied with chocolate almond pie to complete the meal. They didn't served ale, we substitute it with coffee instead. What a scrumptious meal indeed. I believe it will keep us full through the remaining journey in the quest.

After the hearty branch [breakfast + lunch], we practically dragged our bodies around the village. Seeing that there's nothing here that could aid our quest, we journeyed on. I grabbed an ice cream cone on our way out of the village.



Chapter III
Queensway Shopping Centre


Another busy sight in this next village [in the same town]. Young kids scampering about. Traders haggling with the merchants. Yes, this was the place, the place where we shall fulfill our quest. The Quest for the Traveling Sandals!

We explored the village, poking our heads into any possible place in search for the pair of sandals. But to no avail. My companion gotten a traveling bag though.

Just as we were about to give up the search, we came across a shop. Bedazzled by the jewelry, we couldn't help lay our hands on a piece each. Mine had a silver [10 cent ??], copper [1 cent ??] and gold [5 cent ??] plain, circular metal pieces strung up together [earring]. Then we moved on to our next destination in hope of finding the perfect traveling sandals.



Chapter IV
Camper's Corner
11 Stamford Road #01-13 Capitol Building


Cool air brushed past our faces as we entered. It was quiet and peaceful. A sense of serenity, as compared to the previous villages. Here's our last chance of finding the perfect traveling sandals! Not long after, we came across a shelf lay with rows of sandals! Yes! This was it! We finally found what we've been searching for! With eagerness we got one lady to help us with our choice. We slipped our feet in, it felt very comfy. Great. Great pair of sandals for any kind of traveling. My companion manage to get her pair in the right size and color, whereas the color I so very much wanted wasn't available in my size. What a disappointment. But fret not, for a cap hanging on another shelf soon caught my attention. It was love at first sight! I tried it on, love the sage green/citrus color of it. It felt good and comfortable on me, it looked good on me. That's it, this I had to get!

We made our way to the counter, purchased our catch, left the village with smiles across our faces. The guy behind the counter was helpful [gave me a membership even though I didn't qualify for one, so shhh...] and pretty cute too [*blush* haha...].

Quest Accomplished!



Chapter V
City Hall


Seeing that there's time left, me and my companion paid a nearby city a visit. It's been a long time since I traveled out into the city. There's so many things and stuffs to see, eat, buy. I couldn't contain my excitement, I felt like a little kid again [hmm... did I?]. I spotted a few items [a sorta winter jacket, $99, from Mango; a pair of bottoms, $100+, from Warehouse; a waist pouch, $84, &; sling bag, $149, both from Blood Brothers Project Shop] I so very much would have like to possess, to own! But being a practical poor broke lass I could only leave them all behind. [Due to financial issues, guess I will just have to live with the "buy-what-you-need-and-pay-what-you-can-afford& policy.]



Chapter VI
New Park Hotel


Reaped in joy, my companion headed home after our last destination at City Hall. Before I continue journeying, my new companions [mum, dad, brother, auntie, cousin] joined me. Together we set off in search of another quest! The Quest for a Good Dinner. What an exciting day this was! So many quests to fulfill!

Seated around the round table, surrounded by the aroma of fancy food [Japanese buffet], our salivary glands started working. We hurried about the inn, getting our hands on the food. Food galore, from tempura to suki yaki to sushi to sashimi to soba to salad to fruits to cakes to jelly to ice cream.



Chapter VII
Mustafa Centre


Bloated with dinner, we headed down to a nearby village for a brisk stroll. Little did we know what we were in for.The place was cramped and crowded, filled with goods and people. What a sight to behold. We found some stuffs and popped them into our shopping baskets. I walked around and stumbled upon a whole lot of shelves containing boxes/ bottles of perfume. You couldn't imagine how ecstatic I was by such a sight. Lucky for me, I managed to convince my father to get me one of the perfumes as a gift since I had only one bottle left back home [erm actually 2, erm.. make that 3. No! 4,erm... ShHhh!!! But I only use 1 okay].

It wasn't getting any early, so we all headed home satisfied with our own bargains for the day.

Quest Accomplished!



Reference: